Benefits Education, Individual and Systems Advocacy
• Information and workshops on self-advocacy and public entitlements: SSI, SSDI, Medi-Cal, Medicare, GR, Foods Stamps
• Assistance in benefit application and appeals
Need to apply for Social Security benefits?
We suggest that all interested parties come to DRC’s Group Orientation or call Grace Lopez at (562) 427-1000 ext. 18
The following is a brief description of the service:
- Provide information on benefit entitlements and eligibility requirements.
- Give assistance to consumers on completing benefit applications.
- Give assistance to consumers who are having difficulty receiving and/or maintaining their benefits.
- Provide training for self-representation at the initial application; and appeal hearing level for SSA. Also, provide training on self-advocacy.
Workshops on "Benefits & Advocacy" are held every two to three months.
For more information call (562) 427-1000 ext. 18